About the WMA
- To continue building a thriving Mathematical Association that will provide professional development opportunities for mathematics teachers.
- To provide worthwhile and plentiful opportunities for discussion, networking and sharing of teaching and learning practices.
- To continue to attract, support and build connections with Primary and Intermediate colleagues through association meetings and professional development sessions.
- To support teachers with numeracy, the curriculum, and the new NCEA standards.
- To provide enrichment opportunities for students in the WMA region at all levels. e.g. statistics/calculus scholarship days and Waimaths quiz.
- To look at innovative ways to use WMA funds to fulfil objectives 1 to 5.
- To look at innovative ways for sources of funding for events e.g. Waimaths quiz
All schools, and anyone with an interest in teaching Mathematics (at any year level), is welcome to join. There is a small yearly subscription.
Subscription form is here
Many HODs and lead teachers have their email addresses on our database to receive direct communications. Should you wish to add a contact from your school please email the Secretary.