Each school may enter one team of THREE students at each level taught at the school, i.e. one Year 7, one Year 8, one Year 9, one Year 10 and one Year 11 team.
One judge must be provided for each team entered.
All students should be equipped with scrap paper and pens.
Years 9 to 11 should be equipped with calculators (no CAS).
No calculators are allowed for Years 7 and 8.
On the Night
All teams will be able to race until the end.
• The winning team has the highest score.
• If two teams have the same score then the fastest team wins.
• This will decrease the need for tie breakers.
To discourage students from guessing, the following points system will be used:
• Correct solution on the first attempt scores 3 points
• Correct solution on the second attempt scores 2 points
• Correct solution on the third or subsequent attempts scores 1 point
• A question passed in scores 0 points.
• 45 Minutes
• All teams will have the opportunity to race until the end.
• There will no longer be any stopping of the clock.
• Timing is still important because if there are two teams with the same score, the fastest will win.